Saturday 7 January 2012

First blog post

This is the first time I set up a blog.

For now, I intend on writing on it on a regular basic, maybe once a week.

My first intention is to use this blog as a safe place to complaint and vent. One of my resolution for this year is to reduce my pain behaviors. Let me explain.

I have fibromyalgia. Which means I have chronic pain and fatigue issues. Pain behaviors are, for example, constantly complaining about the pain or asking/expecting others to do thing for us. Those behaviours don't help anyone and are not pleasant. Sometimes these can drive close ones away. I don't want that.

For me to reduce the verbalizing of my complains out loud, I thought it could be a good idea to at least have a place to write it down. But I don't want to write only about the bad things, but also the good days and things I did that I'm proud of.

The pain behaviours are not the only thing I want to change. I also want to get in better shape. At some point in the last few years I was using my condition as an excuse to not do anything. I got out of shape fast. My muscles are weak and I gained some weight. Getting healtier will hopefully help with the sleep and reduce the pain. In the very least, it should help me get back to participating in the activies I abandoned since it all began.

Good thing: this week I have been on the elliptical 3 times (Tuesday, Thursday and today) for between 10 and 15 minutes each time. It's a start. Plan for the day: finish the dishes, fold the laundry and grocery shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment