Wednesday 1 February 2012

baby surprise jacket and skiing

Hey there!! There are three things I want to abord today.

First, I'd really like to know who reads this blogs. Some of you I know (Hi Doum, mom, Lynn, Amy). When I look at the stats from the blog, it shows that most of my readers are from Canada, which is expected, but I also have readers in Russia, Germany and United-States. I would appreciate if you could drop a line in the comments for me so I can have a better idea of who you are. Thank you!!

Second, I want to show off the surprise I was preparing last week. It's called Baby Surprise Jacket, it was designed by Elizabeth Zimmerman in 1968. Looking at the pattern, it's not at first obvious on how it works, but it does. I started with the green, blue and white, and decided it was kinda boring, so I added a touch of orange. So, here it is.




Third, guess what I did yesterday. First, I did 15 minutes on the elliptical. Then, breakfast and much knitting in front of the TV. When D got home from work, he fired up the BBQ to grill some steaks, while I prepared the brocoli. After dinner? We went skiing. That's right. Skiing. On the slopes. Where there's snow and other skiers going down really fast.

I managed to go down twice, which is twice as much as what I did earlier this year. And I didn't fall, even once. For some reason, my feet hurt so bad when I'm on the hill. We'll have to go shopping for a new pair of boots. Hopefully, with proper boots, I'll last a little longer on the hill and get some more practice. I really need some practice.

The picture was taken in 2008 I believe, I don't have any recent pictures of me skiing. For those of you who know me, you would be surprised to know that my coat and my snow pants are both bright red this year. And I still look like I'm constipated (although, apparently I was better yesterday than I did earlier).

Now, let's take an inventory of what hurts today: muscles in my bum, my shoulders and back a little (from pushing on the poles when you don't have enough speed to get through a flat part of the slop, or to get to the lift). I'm actually much better than what I expected. It's motivating to know that I got better in such a sort time and that my body isn't complaining about it too much!!! Yay!!!

That's it for now.

2 comments:

  1. Thought I would let you know that I read your blog all the way from airdrie! Thanks for the updates Sarah!
    Love, Tonya xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know I read it! Congrats on the skiing!

    ReplyDelete