Monday 28 May 2012

Graduation!!

Next Monday is my graduation!! I'll receive my diploma for my masters degree.
I've asked 3 friends if they wanted to go, with no pressure because it's kinda boring, I've received a very enthousiastic Yes from all three of them. Yay!! I didn't ask D, he has no choice. :D

Today I had to go downtown to pick up the tickets, so I biked (about 17 km). And because friends meet at lunch time on Mondays to knit, I decided to join them (it forced me to leave the house early enough, and it motivated me more to bike there). I had lunch with Sue (Kari couldn't come). It was fun.

After, I went to Wallacks to get some dyes. I have lots of dyeing to do.
A bunch of us are planning on knitting the color affection shawl (rav link). It needs three different colors. So far I haven't been able to find the right colors... so I decided do dye my yarn.

Yesterday I cut little bits from a big skein intended for dyeing, put them in water in masson jars, put drops of food coloring in different quantities and combinations, add the vinegar, put the jars in a big pan, and simmer for about 30 minutes. And then I taged them to remember what's what. Here's the result.
The colors on the pictures aren't quite right. They're actually much brighter. Right now I'm leaning towards the 3rd pink from the left, the bright blue (5th from the right) and the last green on the right. But I'm not done. There'll be more tests in the next few weeks. I'll keep you updated.

Knitting wise, there isn't much to show, since I'm working on big projects... but one should be done soon (to give to the OT school principal at graduation).


Oh! the biking went well, but my legs are now very week, and my bum is tender. I now have a leek and cauliflower soup simmering on the stove, and I'll start on dinner very soon: butter chicken with brocoli and rice.

Cheers!!

2 comments:

  1. Oo! Very pretty colours. I can't wait to see what the final choice is.

    And it's an honour to be asked to go to your graduation, of course I'm going to say yes! You're getting a masters, that is a Big Freaking Deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There'll be more colors to choose from soon... And I'll probably need help deciding :D

      Delete